This section contains general news about the Green-History Project.
For updates to the Articles see https://green-history.uk/articles/updates
For updates to the Library see https://green-history.uk/library/updates
We've been busy little bees this month thanks to the wet weather keeping us indoors.
- All issues of the Green Collective newsletter are now online here
- New Introductory article on Green Collective
- Extracts from Green Collective mailings- Constitution, a History, and a Poem
- The story of The Green Grail
- There is some reorganisation of the structure of this site - new items on the menu, new widgets in the right hand column on some pages, and the start of a user guide.
There have been no changes on here since the Exhibition Panels went online at the end of August as reported in the Sept 1st news Update.
This is because with only one of us acting as content manager for the site and I have been away on my bike for the last two months - you can read all about it at cycle.rogerco.uk and also at www.on2bonn.uk if you are interested in that sort of thing.
Anyway I am back now and have a backlog of material from David and other new contributors to work through, so hopefully there will be some more news on the 1st Dec update.
- Following the successful exhibition and talk by Brig and David at this years Green Gathering the exhibition panels can be seen here.
- Articles expanding on each of the panels are in preparation. The first one covering the 1980 and 1981 Gatherings is available in first draft here
- David's complete collection of Green Collective mailings 1984-1987 has been scanned and are being made available here as they get indexed. A lot of useful background context can be found in the pages and will be brought out into articles over the coming months.
- Peter Cox has contributed two papers on Peace and Mobility and also a large personal archive of documents from the late 70's and early 80's. These will become available here over the coming months.
We are preparing an exhibition on the History of the Green Gathering and a talk in the Speakers Forum tent at the 2017 Green Gathering.
Come along on Saturday at 12:00 (midday, not midnight when we will all become night people) and listen to David and Brig tell the story of the Green Gatherings.
The exhibition will be posted on here in due course. In preparation there is additional material now available in the document library Green Gathering category and there has been some improvements to the library.
Page 3 of 3